Thursday, November 10, 2011

ASK GOD FOR MIRACLES...

Recently I have been asking God for miracles. I am so intoxicated by His response that I don't think I can stop asking, now that I have started. It is so easy to ask Him for the mundane, so easy to settle for an ordinary humdrum existence, so easy to ask Him for less.

We do not challenge Him. Why? Do we fear that He cannot deliver, or do we think we are being presumptious? Well, I decided to ask for miracles after one of my pastor friends challenged us during worship to ask God for the seemingly impossible. That seemed easy enough-I had quite a few seeming impossibilities at the time. Things that I just did not think God could possibly work out in my life.

So I started with the first one. Less than four months passed before God worked out that first miracle. To this day I can hardly believe, although the facts stare me in the face. I am just astounded at the mighty God that we serve.

Well, you guessed it. I eagerly took out all my broken dreams and started to lay them before the Lord, one by one. And you know something? God has brought me sermons that have changed my perspective on life completely. My attitude has changed. I have grown in Christ in leaps and bounds. God achieved in a few weeks what I felt had not been achieved in years.

Why was that? It is as if I finally gave Him the keys to my heart. It was as if in challenging Him to do the impossible in my life I had said "Lord, I am giving you the authority to lead me." Strangely enough I really thought I had been saying that to Him all along. But it seems it was mainly lip service. In my heart of hearts there was doubt. Doubt that He would do it for ME.

Sure I had seen Him work for others, But ME? Now, that was a different story. One day the thought came to me so forcefully I jumped to my feet. The thought was so disturbing-that I had accused God of descrimination. Oh yes, I was telling God I was not good enough for some of His blessings, while others somehow had merited His favor.

Shame filled me when I realized that I had quietly harbored such thoughts about my heavenly father. God, who I knew was too big, too grand, too noble for such loathsome behavior, nonetheless had been weighed in the balance and was found wanting-by me. I was almost blown away by the nerve of the person who could think such things-and it was ME!

Luckily I did not stay there and wallow in self-pity over my arrogance. Quickly, I asked for forgiveness and assured God that I knew He was able to do more than I could ever ask or think. I hastened to tell Him that I was aware that Jesus had died for ME! That was the ultimate price and anything else He was willing to do for me was really secondary. A piece of cake, really.

Well, a lot has happened since then. I have acquired HOLY BOLDNESS. Things have CHANGED in my life. I have it going ON! Step aside world, here I come, in the name of Jesus.

And why did I write this blogpost? For you out there who might have been trapped into negative thinking for years. You too can claim God's promises. They are yours too! Why not prove Him today? THINK BIG! You have absolutely nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Enjoy the journey called LIFE. I am certainly enjoying mine.

PEACE!

Leila Rose-Gordon
11-11-11

1 comment:

  1. "Sure I had seen Him work for others, But ME? Now, that was a different story." That is where I find myself in my thinking at times. I have no problem believing for others but not always for me! Richard Hobart
    blog

    ReplyDelete