Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I am tired Lord

Today was rough. I worked on and on and felt my body weakening under the physical and mental strain. As the day wore on, however, I was conscious of God's abiding presence. I felt good knowing that He cares for my every need, and that He understands what it means to get tired, and to feel the need to stop and rest.

While he sojourned on this earth, he told his followers to come aside and rest awhile. He often went up into the hills to be alone with God the father. How much more do we, sinful human beings, need to pause from our wearisome tasks and converse with our Lord.

Matthew 11:28, 29 tells us: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

As we dialogue with God, our relationship with Him will deepen, and we will grow from strength to strength. Similarly, as we study God's messages of love in His book, the Holy Bible, we will be changed from day to day into his image.

What precious promises, what comfort is found in the scriptures. Truly, Hebrews 4:12 tells us:
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Are you desirous of a closer walk with Jesus today? Tell Him so, begin to study the bible daily, take comfort from God's precious promises, and as you are reminded to do in 1 Peter 5:7, Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you!

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way today, tired. I read your blog and was inspired by it. Somehow in the midst of it all, I felt Him walking beside me!

    ReplyDelete