Friday, December 18, 2015

MORNING PRAYER

MORNING PRAYER: Lord please use me in a mighty way today. Let something I say or do be someone’s answered prayer. Coat my tongue with gentleness and kindness. Replace a cold and indifferent heart with love and compassion. Let my hugs convey warmth and care. Remove any hint of harshness or reproach from my tongue. Kill the spirit of criticism and renew a right spirit within me. Let my thoughts be pure. Where there is bitterness replace it with love, forgiveness and acceptance. Break down walls within and without created by doubt, fear and lack of trust. Surround me with an atmosphere of peace and tranquility. Replace turmoil and anxiety with great peace and calm. Season my words and make them pleasing and flavorful. Help me to be sensitive to the needs of those in my sphere of influence. Let me become a flowing brook instead of a stagnant pool. Chase away shadows of despair and hopelessness and flood my being with light and music. Let me become to the inconsolable a comfortable bench, a shady tree and a rippling brook.Strengthen me inwardly so that I can easily bear the weight from the burdens of friends and loved ones. Instead of crushing me, let the cares and vicissitudes of life sweeten my disposition and humble me to trust you and to depend on you completely.As I hand over the baton transferring some of my daily duties and responsibilities help me to do so with smoothness and efficiency so that I cause no one to falter, fumble or fall. Where there is lack, fill my life and my spirit with abundance. Remove all drought and bring back vigor, youthfulness and zeal. Let copious showers of blessings fall on me and let the heavy droplets permeate the lives of those around me. Help me to intercede for others today, and guide me so that my prayers will rightly correspond to their needs.Continue to transform my character so that I become more like you. All this I ask in Jesus name-Amen! (By Leila Rose-Gordon on 12-18-15, all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment