Saturday, January 2, 2016

Families are in crisis!

Dear friends. I love families! Families are so beautiful. The family bond is a reminder of God's love for mankind. But many families unfortunately are under attack. Many live lives of quiet desperation, not knowing what to do when the enemy, the devil himself, comes in like a flood. He is here to steal, kill and destroy. So what do you do? In my past there were many situations in my life in which I used to feel powerless. I got into needless arguments and wasted many precious moments fretting over things I felt I had no control over. But you see the devil was just mad at me because years ago I found out that his true purpose was to destroy me and destroy God's plans for my life. I realized that he wanted to make me an ineffective witness for Christ. He wanted people to look at my name and turn away from me in disgust. Wow-He almost succeeded back then. But you see I believed Jesus. I believed Jesus when He told me in the bible that He would finish the work He had started in me oh so long ago. I yearned for the fulfillment of that promise more than I yearned for anything else in my life. So somewhere along the way sin lost its hold on me. It lost its attractiveness, its allure. My desire early in my life was to be like Jesus and though I messed up along the way I never lost that desire! But as time progressed I looked around me and saw loved ones still in the devil's grip-trapped by their vices, their desires, their attraction to sin. I felt so helpless. I felt so much fear for them. I felt powerless! I prayed on and off while weeping in anguish over and over. Then I discovered my secret weapon-prayer and the study of God's word! I grew stronger and stronger. By beholding Jesus I started to become a new creature. Now I am a formidable opponent! I am not where I want to be but thank God I am not where I used to be. When the devil comes at me with his foolishness I send Jesus to the door to greet him! I don't get all stupid and try to fight my battles in my own strength. Oh no I don't! Friends, I have no idea how long I have left on earth so I am not afraid to tell you the devil is not your friend! Stop treating him like he is your confidant and long lost cousin! Shun him like you would shun the plague! He does not love you! He wants to destroy you! Don't give him any leeway in your life! Give him an inch and he will take a mile and keep taking and you won't even recognize who you have become! Others will see the changes but you probably won't because he will blind you to your true condition! Run from him I say! Run for your life! Run for your own sake and for the sake of all those you hold near and dear! Run for the sake of all those who need to hear about Jesus from you! He wants to destroy your witness for Christ! Run I say-run! You have no time to waste. Too many people are waiting for you to lead the way. Stop letting the devil mess up your life and mess up your witness for Christ. Stop letting the devil use you to lead others astray! Hand in your resignation and enlist in God's army today! O taste and see that the Lord is good! I wake up and I have Jesus on my mind! Jesus all the time. He is transforming me. Give Him a chance in your life and He will transform you too! Make 2016 the year you say no to the devil and yes to Jesus! He loves you and wants you to join His army. He is waiting. What do you say? By Leila Rose-Gordon 1-2-16 All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment