Thursday, August 14, 2014

HOPE FOR THE BROKENHEARTED

Today I felt a little numb as more crushing news came of a dear friend whose leg had to be amputated. I realized that for him and his loved ones the coming years seem to loom ahead, gloomy and dismal. Then another dear friend shared with me that in her time of physical challenges she drew comfort from reading 2 Corinthinas 2:16.  For her it had taken on a much deeper meaning.  As I read over the words it struck me forcibly how God had made provision in His word so that we could be comforted as we face the actual loss of our health and even the physical loss of limbs and organs.

As I searched the internet for the text a blog arrested my attention: The Bottom of a Bottle.  The song that accompanied the text gripped my heart, as did the message that "there are no answers to be found in the bottom of a bottle or on the edge of a blade!" The answers can all be found in Jesus. So I am attaching the link to the song I'm a Believer in Christ here, as well as the link to the blog here . May these words comfort your heart as they did mine!. 







No comments:

Post a Comment